Timothy B. Corcoran formed a relationship with IMS in 2011. He advises law firm leaders and in-house counsel on business process improvement, legal project management, alternative fees and business development. He also advises legal technology vendors and service providers on market strategy and sales force readiness. The essence of his consulting practice is to help law firms, in-house counsel and legal vendors profit in a changing marketplace. An experienced veteran in the fields of legal technology and legal marketing, Tim has served in executive roles with a number of marquis names in the legal profession. At Thomson Reuters, he led the Sales, Account Management and Marketing functions and served on the executive leadership team of Hubbard One.
At Thomson Reuters, he led the Sales, Account Management and Marketing functions and served on the executive leadership team of Hubbard One. Prior to that he was a Senior Consultant with legal management consultancy Altman Weil, Inc. where he co-founded the Legal Project Management practice and helped launch a dramatic shift in the way modern law firms deliver legal services.
Prior to joining Altman Weil, Tim was Director of Practice Development for White & Case, one of the world’s largest law firms, where his team led all U.S. business development efforts, including strategic planning, market intelligence, client relationship management, proposal management and key client programs.
Tim also served as the CEO of Epiq Systems Class Actions & Claims Solutions, a publicly-traded legal technology company, where he led his team through a successful turnaround effort. Prior to this he held several senior executive positions at LexisNexis, including Vice President of Sales & Market Planning for the Client Development division of LexisNexis and Vice President & General Manager of the Large Law, International and Corporate Segments at LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell.
Education & Associations
- B.A. in Foreign Languages from Saint Bonaventure University in Olean, NY
- MBA in Marketing and Finance from Rutgers University in Newark, NJ
- Post-graduate course work in the Harvard Business School Executive Program.
- Active member of the Legal Marketing Association
- Currently serves on the International Board of Directors as President-elect
- In prior years he was Treasurer, Co-Chair of the Annual Conference and Founding Chair of the Sponsor Relations Committee
- Elected Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management, where he also serves as the Chair of the prestigious InnovAction Awards
- Serves as a Fellow and periodic Faculty member for the Center for International Legal Studies
- Associate Member of the ABA Law Practice Management section.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Process Improvement
- Legal Project Management
- Alternative Fee Arrangements
- Business Development
- Law Firm Alignment
- Partner Retreats