John Haselmann is the Founder and Managing Partner of IMS, and is a skilled professional with decades of experience in strategic planning, process improvement and technology management, as well as professional management and guidance. John is responsible for determining the strategic direction of the business and provides support and guidance to further the development of executive professionals.
John has an extensive managerial background, with experience running large teams in telecommunications and market research fields. As Manager of Marketing Science organization at AT&T, John was responsible for managing large teams of advanced degree professionals responsible for providing the marketing organization with technical expertise in the areas of marketing research, statistical data analysis, data base development, data mining, model development and systems simulation. Previously, John’s responsibilities as Operations Research and Management Science Department Manager at Western Electric Company (now Lucent) included developing new managing techniques workshops for corporate management and developing cost and time reduction methods for production and distribution systems.
John’s entrepreneurial experience spans a variety of industries, ranging from telecommunications consulting at Trinet, Inc. to advertising at Entity Advertising and Graphics, Inc. In addition, his teaching background includes college-level professorship in Economics, Advanced Algebra and Calculus, and Scientific Computer Programming at the graduate school level. John has been a frequent lecturer at graduate business schools on the topic of his work in applying scientific techniques and systems design to business functions. A graduate of NJIT and The Wharton School of Business, John holds a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MBA in Industrial Management, Operations Research & Management Science.
Education & Associations
- Bachelor of Science, Newark College of Engineering (NJIT)
- Electrical Engineering
- MBA, Wharton Graduate School, University of Pennsylvania
- Industrial Management, Operations Research and Management Science
- Member of the American Society of Professional Consultants & American Management Associations
- Founder: Knowledge Management Association
- Professor of Economics and College Algebra, Union County College
- Lecturer on “What To Expect In The Real World Of Business” at MIT, Columbia and Wharton Graduate School
- Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Industry since 1983; “Who’s Who in America” since 1986; “Who’s Who in the World” since 1989
Areas of Expertise
- Assessments & Audits
- Business Development
- Cost Reduction
- Data Analysis
- Metric Development & Utilization
- Organizational Planning
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Technology Management
How to Lower the Cost of Getting an Order and Increase Revenues through Improved Analysis and Sales Management