Building a Legal Project Management Team: Putting All the Pieces Together
Clients continue to demand that law firms to change the way that they do business. Central to this has been the demand for firms to adopt legal project management programs. But relatively few have been able to develop a coordinated team of professionals in this area.
In a cutting-edge webinar entitled “, which was held on February 4, consultant Tim Corcoran of The Corcoran Consulting Group and executive search consultant Steve Nelson of The McCormick Group expanded on a prior presentation.
Click here to watch this webinar:
Learn more about Tim and Steve:
How secure is your data?
Today’s firms face breaches from powerful sophisticated sources that leave only a limited footprint; firms are unlikely to note a breach until significant data has been compromised and damages have been realized (common breach sources include: foreign governments, corporate espionage, and attack kits).
The cost of a breach can be as high as $182 per record or $4.8 million dollars per breach – a single instance this year cost one company nearly $10 million. Proactively planning for a breach is the first step towards remediating risks, securing data and preserving reputations.
Make sure you have the right security framework in place to protect your firm’s critically important proprietary data. Topics include:
- Client demands for data security
- 2011 security trends & challenges
- Helpful frameworks
- Benefits and ROI of a proactive polic
Learn perspectives from alternative fee veterans on what works, what doesn’t and what they wish they had known going into the process. Highlights include:
- Law firm participants discussed the trials and successes they experienced during AFA implementation
- raising support for Alternative Fee and Alternative Billing initiatives; and the cultural implications (support, resistance, benefits and fears) that come from these changes.
- how to get started, including who to involve, what environmental factors to consider, how to deal with some common roadblocks.
- insight into preferred processes and AFA structures and representatives can speak to the triumphs and frustrations obtaining (or not obtaining) alternative fee and alternative billing arrangements in his own corporate settings.
IMS & ILTA AFA Webinar Powerpoint
- Why clients ask for Alternative Fee Arrangements and then opt for discounts.
- Tips for implementing Alternative Fee Arrangements.
- Alternative Fee Arrangement strategies.
Building A Legal Project Management Team-Recruiting The Right People
The legal professional has experienced a sea change in the past five years, as clients have increasingly been putting pressure on law firms to change the way that they do business. Central to this has been the demand for firms to adopt legal project management programs, often spearheaded by a new type of legal professional. But simply going out and hiring a certified project management professional is not enough. In this cutting-edge webinar, consultant Tim Corcoran of The Corcoran Consulting Group and executive search consultant Steve Nelson of The McCormick Group will explore such issues as: What training do your existing lawyers and administrators need before embarking on a legal project management program; Why legal project management programs should be adopted even if alternative fee arrangements are not involved; The interaction between legal project management and other key disciplines, such as client relations, business development, practice management and knowledge management; How important are credentials such as a PMP or a JD; and The importance of the “cultural fit.”